Setting Gmail to Retrieve Your @mcsnet.ca Emails
To start, if you do not already have a gmail account (or google account), you'll need one.
Go to gmail.com and set one up.
Changing the settings in Gmail
- Log into your gmail account
- In the upper right, click the gear (as indicated in picture below)
in the menu that appears below the gear, click settings,
near the top of the settings area, select 'Accounts and Import',
then further down on the same page select "Add a POP3 mail account you own"
Picture indicating the steps, starting at 1. and following the red arrow at each step.
- Enter your @mcsnet.ca email
- Select the import option
- Enter your password, and check the box to 'Leave a copy of the messages on the server
- Now you have the option if you want gmail to send as your @mcsnet.ca email, you are done at this step if you do not want to set Gmail to send as your @mcsnet.ca email.
- Enter the Name you would like to show up, and uncheck the 'Treat as alias' box
- Enter mail.mcsnet.ca for the server name, enter your username and password and use port 465
- Verification, last step where gmail just makes sure the account you setup belongs to you. They will send your @mcsnet.ca an email with a verification code to put in the box.